The Centre of Excellence for Simulation Education and Innovation (CESEI) is a state-of-the-art multidisciplinary entity devoted to the following Mission Statement:
CESEI strives to be a provincially mandated and internationally recognized multidisciplinary and interprofessional academic centre, committed to achieving excellence in medical education, healthcare, and research services using simulation and other state-of-the-art innovative technological advances.
Goals and ObjectivesThe objectives of the Centre of Excellence for Simulation Education & Innovation (CESEI) are three-fold:
- To enrich the educational environment and provide hands-on experiential and online e-education services for trainees at all levels in the healthcare education sectors
- To expand educational opportunities beyond the walls using state-of-the-art technology such as online simulation, tele-mentoring and other asynchronous modes of delivery.
- To promote and implement interprofessional education and provide the environment for interprofessional team training for all levels of health education
- To integrate simulation into the undergraduate, postgraduate and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) curricula in order to provide a bridge between cognitive knowledge and clinical practice.
- To include simulation for integration of patient safety in health education environment.
- To use simulation and high tech environments for implementation of professionalism in medical education
- To provide research services for validity, reliability, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of educational programs, technologies and methods.
- To perform innovative research and development of tools and technologies related to medical education and health care delivery
- To continue further development and implementation of electronic platforms for education and research
Health Care Delivery
- To enhance the culture of safety in the professional health sector.
- To promote and implement new tele-medicine technology in the delivery of health care through tele-presence, tele-consultation, tele-diagnosis, tele-homecare, tele-robotics, nano-technology and others for quality improvement of healthcare services and patient safety as well as cost effectiveness of our healthcare system.
- To use simulation technology for the education of patients with chronic health conditions and their caretakers for efficient and cost-effective home care services.