Welcome to Introduction to Perioperative Nursing.
This course is broken down into 6 modules
PN 001 - Role of the Perioperative Nurse
An introduction to perioperative nursing roles and concepts.
PN 002 - Perioperative Patient and Staff Safety
Discussion of safety issues and how they affect the patient and Perioperative team. The focus will be on nursing responsibilites in providing a safe environment for patients and staff in the Perioperative setting.
PN 003 - Preoperative Patient Care
This module will discuss Preoperative patient assessment (with attention to ECG interpretation), interview, surgical site marking, and anesthesia (general, regional, anesthetic emergencies and cardiac arrest in the operating room) and anesthesia complications.
PN 004 - Intraoperative Care - Part 1
Discussions of topics related to surgical preparation of the operating room, sterilization and disinfection, operative equipment, instrumentation, surgical counts, scrubbing, and gowning and gloving.
PN 005 - Intraoperative Care - Part 2
Overview of patient care preparation prior to surgical incision and basic perioperative nursing practice throughout the surgical procedure.
PN 006 - Full-Time Clinical Program (and Postoperative Care and Professional Issues)
Full-time clinical program daily schedule, objectives (for the lectures), lecture required readings and post tests. Two of the lectures will be a discussion of professionalism, ethicolegal issues, risk management, teamwork, leadership, and postoperative care.
- PN-000: Introduction To The Perioperative Nursing Program
- PN-001: Role Of The Perioperative Nurse
- PN-002: Perioperative Safety
- PN-003: Preoperative Care
- PN-004: Intraoperative Care - Part 1
- PN-005: Intraoperative Care - Part 2
- PN-006: Fulltime Clinical Component - Course Information/ Post Tests/ Materials For Download
- PN-007: Perioperative Anatomy & Medical Terminology
- PN-008: Program Evaluation